May 22,2023.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has tackled Nigerians who are linking the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, to last week’s attack on the convoy of US consulate staff in Ogbaru, Anambra State, last week.
In a statement released by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful, the group asked that Nigerians should desist from linking the former Anambra state governor to the attack and described the allegation as a mere demonization by those it noted do not want Obi to succeed. IPOB argued that Obi “won” the February 25 presidential allegation and that his mandate is divine and can never be truncated by anyone.
Those linking Peter Obi to these attacks on US Embassy Convoy are the ones that fingers are pointing to regarding the crisis happening in the south East region. There is no way they can link innocent Peter Obi to it because he is from Anambra State. Does that mean that all the attacks happening in Adamawa State and Katsina State were caused by Atiku Abubakar and the Buhari in Aso Rock, respectively? No matter how ESN security work is, it can never be deemed good or right by the Nigerian government and its security agents. What is the justification to link Peter Obi to the criminalities going on in the Southeast?
Can it also be said that all the banditry and terrorism happening in Northern Nigeria is masterminded by their criminal politicians whose evidence shows that they aid and abet terrorists?
We are aware that several terrorist and bandit groups in the North are sponsored by the unscrupulous elements around them there. We should be asking, why are they mentioning Peter Obi?
Is it because he summoned up the courage to contest their selection process called an election and won by a landslide? They are now robbing him of the mandate given to him by the people of Nigeria because he is an Igbo man.
They are busy exposing their cluelessness in desperation to demonize IPOB. America has one of the most sophisticated intelligence in the world and can not be deceived by Alamajiris in the government at Abuja. We expect the US government to carry out an independent investigation into the attack.”the group said.
The US consulate staff were in the local government area for a humanitarian work when their convoy came under attack on Tuesday, May 16. Seven persons were killed in the attack.(www.naija247news.com)