Ekiti State Governor-elect, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has announced a 32-member Governorship Transition Committee, charged with the responsibility of liaising with the outgoing administration for a smooth transition ahead of the October 16 take off date of the new government in the state.
The committee is headed by a former member of the National Assembly, Senator Olubunmi Adetunmbi, as chairman, while a former Chairman of Ijero Local Government Council, Hon. Abiodun Omoleye, will serve as deputy chairman. A former Permanent Secretary in the state’s civil service, Mr Ayodeji Ajayi, is the secretary of the committee.
Inauguration of the committee holds on Wednesday in Ado-Ekiti, according to a statement by the Special Adviser on Media to the Governor-elect, Mr. Yinka Oyebode. The committee will submit its final report by September 7.
The committee is expected among other tasks to; review and make preliminary assessment of the fiscal position of government with particular emphasis on: Status of assets and liabilities of government; status of implementation of the 2018 Appropriation; revenue and cash flow position of government, public debt profile of government and their deployment, salary arrears due to all public-sector workers and pensioners.
The scope of work given to the committee shows that the Fayemi administration plans to hit the ground running. Included on the committee’s task is the need to determine the status of public procurement of government with particular emphasis on: Government’s on-going and outstanding contractual obligations.
Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government are expected to handover documents to the committee, with a view to understanding the most important operational, regulatory and/or urgent issues confronting the incoming administration, in order to guide the fine-tuning and prioritisation of programmes and policies in the incoming administration’s governance agenda.
To ensure that inputs are received from a cross-section of the Ekiti public, the committee will interface with various stakeholders’ groups such as labour unions, traditional rulers, academia, religious bodies, transport workers, market men and women, artisans, professionals and farmers CDAs with a view to ascertaining their expectations of the incoming administration.
Below is the full list of members of the Governorship Transition Committee:
1. Senator Olubunmi Adetunmbi – Chairman
2. Hon. Abiodun Omoleye – Deputy Chairman
3. Dr. (Mrs) Moji Yaya Kolade – Member
4. Prof. Eddy Olanipekun -Member
5. Chief Ropo Adesanya- Member
6. Dr. Dare Ojo – Member
7. Prof. Tale Omole – Member
8. Hon. Olubunmi Oriniowo- Member
9. Mr. Tunde Olatunde – Member
10. Mr. Debo Ranti Ajayi- Member
11. Mr. Ade Omonijo- Member
12. Alhaji Afolabi Ogunlayi- Member
13. Barrister Wale Fapohunda- Member
14. Mr. Dapo Kolawole- Member
15. Chief Kola Akosile -Member
16. Mr. Phillip Amujo- Member
17. Barrister Paul Omotosho -Member
18. Chief Taiwo Olatunbosun -Member
19. Engr. Tunde Alabi-Member
20. Mr. Abiodun Oyebanji -Member
21. Prof. (Mrs.) Francesca Aladejana -Member
22. Mr. Seyi Aiyeleso -Member
23. Dr. (Mrs.) Ayeni Agbaje -Member
24. Mr. Ayo Owolabi -Member
25. Mrs. Folusho Olaniyan -Member
26. Alhaja S. Badmus -Member
27. Mrs. Sola Salako-Ajulo -Member
28. Mr. Eyitayo Fabunmi -Member
29. Mrs. Toyosi Omope -Member
30. Hon. Bunmi Akinniyi -Member
31. Hon. Seyi Shittu -Member
32. Mr. Ayodeji Ajayi -Member/Secretary