Notice Is Hereby Given that the Fifty-Sixth Annual General Meeting of Members of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“The Exchange”) will be held at the NSE Event Centre, 20th floor, Stock Exchange House, 2/4 Customs Street Lagos, on Monday, 25 September 2017 at 11:00 a.m. prompt to transact the following businesses:
1. To present the Audited Financial Statements of The Exchange for the year ended 31 December 2016, and the Reports of the National Council and the Auditors thereon.
2. To re-elect Mr. Abimbola Ogunbanjo, who is retiring by rotation, as a member of the National Council.
3. To authorize members of the National Council to fix the remuneration of the Auditors.
4.To consider and if thought fit to pass with or without any modifications, the following as an Ordinary Resolution to fix the remuneration of Non-Executive Council Members:
“it is approved that the fee payable to the Council President shall be N5,000,000 per annum, while N3,800,000 shall be payable to other Council Members per annum with effect from 1 January 2017. The fees shall be payable quarterly in arrears or at such other intervals agreed by the Council.”
5. To elect the following as Members of the National Council:
a) Chartwell Securities Limited (Represented by Mr. Oluwole Adeosun);
b) Equity Capital Solutions Limited (Represented by Mr. Kamarudeen Oladosu);
c) Fortress Capital Limited (Represented by Mr. Yomi Adeyemi);
d) Pilot Securities Limited (Represented by Mr. Seyi Osunkeye);
e) Planet Capital Limited (Represented by Mr. Chidi Agbapu);
f) Woodland Capital Markets Plc (Represented by Mr. Patrick Ajayi);
g) Kastina State Investment & Property Development Co. Limited (Represented by Mrs. Fatimah Bintah Bello—Ismail);
h) Mrs. Echeozo, Catherine Nwakaego; and
i) Erelu Angela Adebayo
1. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual-General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote instead of himself.
2. No person shall be appointed a proxy who is not already a member of The Exchange or the accredited representative of a member, save that a corporation being a member of The Exchange may appoint as its proxy one of its Directors or other authorized representative who is not a member of The Exchange.
3. The Common Seal must be affixed on the proxy form if executed by a company.
4. Executed proxy forms should be deposited at the registered office of The Exchange (2/4, Customs Street, Marina, Lagos State) at least 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.