2017/18 admission processes commence September 15 – JAMB

0
765

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) said on Friday that the admission processes for 2017/2018 would commence on September 15 and close on January 31, 2018.

The Head of JAMB Information and Media, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, said in Abuja that the direct entry applications for admission would close on September 15.

He said students could only secure admission after they might have passed through the rudiments of admission processes.

He said: “We have come up with Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) this year.

“This entails that once candidates are admitted and the institution approves, then JAMB will approve, the information about the candidates will be keyed into CAPS automatically.

“Candidates can monitor their admission process through CAPS online and those who want to get admission letter can do so by printing such online.’’

According to him, CAPS will make record gathering easy and give easy access to students to print their admission letters among other things.

“What we are trying to do now is that we are looking at the perimeter realistically; we decided to come up with new strategy aimed at ensuring the actual data,” he added.

Benjamin also said the 120 minimum cut-off mark would not in any way affect the nation’s educational standard negatively as being alleged by some people.

He said the issue of the 120 cut-off mark was a policy of heads of tertiary institutions across the country, being the outcome of their policy meeting recently.

“The cut off mark was not the decision of JAMB, but the heads of tertiary institutions at the policy meeting.

“They decided that their institutions should be allowed to determine their own cut-off point based on their own peculiarities, but nobody for whatever reason should go below 120,” the JAMB spokesman stated.

Benjamin said the sustenance of post- UTME was a ministerial decision.

According to him, we are not opposed to the directive, we see nothing wrong with it, and our interest is to ensure that the goal of admission is achieved.

“What we are all doing is to ensure that the power given to tertiary institutions is based on policies which established them,’’ he said.

According to him, the important thing is for tertiary institutions to do what is right.

He noted that most tertiary institutions did not comply with the previous 180 cut-off mark given last year.

SHARE
Previous articleCavani outshines Neymar as PSG win again
Next articlePolytechnic lecturers knock JAMB over cut-off mark
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) is a news reporting agency owned and run by the Federal Government of Nigeria just like Nigerian Television Authority.[1] On 10 May 1976 the agency was founded and established by Onitsha noble Onuora Nzekwu who was its first official Managing Director and Chief Editor. On 2 October 1978 its operations began.[2][3] NAN provides General News Service to subscribers in three bulletins published daily. The agency’s website www.nan.ng was launched on 8 August 2016, to offer news to the worldwide audience interested in news primarily about Nigeria, Africa’s most populated country. The current Managing Director of NAN is Bayo Onanuga.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.