Arewa Youth attacks Oshiomhole over attacks on Okonjo-Iweala

0
88

rp_Governor-Adams-Oshiomhole.jpgVoice of Arewa Youth (VAY) has described the persistent attacks on the former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole as diversionary and irresponsible of a public officer.

The group also said the governor’s persistence in accusing the former minister rather than concentrating on the assignment given him and his colleagues to probe the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and Excess Crude Account (ECA) accounts has confirmed its earlier call that the panel was prejudiced and a neutral body is required to carry out the assignment.

In a statement signed by leader of the group, Mallam Bello Khalifa and made available to journalists on Tuesday July 14 in Abuja stated that what Gov. Oshionmhole and other members of the panel have said in the media has clearly portrayed them as been obsessed about the person of Okonjo-Iweala and other officials of the previous administration.

 

“Governor Adams Oshiomhole in particular and other members of the panel have not hidden their dislike for the person of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and other officials of the previous government. This is no doubt counterproductive as it will not do the country and its people any good. From the allegations so far made particularly by the duo in the media rather than concentrating in getting facts on the critical assignment given to them clearly shows that they are out to fight perceived enemies.

“We wish to appeal to President Muhammadu Buhari to steer clear of issues that could portray him as not keeping to his words when he declared that his government will not witch-hunt members of the past government. There is no basis for the outburst coming from Governor Oshiomhole when he is a member of the probe panel set up to investigate the issues he has already passed judgement on even before commencement of investigation”, the group said.

It would be recalled that among other allegations, Governor Oshiomhole had earlier accused the former minister of unilaterally withdrawing $2.1 billion from the Excess Crude Accounts and recently accused her of withdrawing $1 billion from the Excess Crude Accounts to fund the campaign of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here