Boko Haram: Military roadblocks return to FCT

0
784

Following increased suicide bomb attacks by Boko Haram terrorists, the military authorities have restored checkpoints across the Federal Capital Territory to ward off any attempt to attack Abuja.

Checks indicate that checkpoints which were hitherto removed on the order of President Muhammadu Buhari have been restored.

Our correspondent learnt that the roadblocks were set up on Friday on the highways and other strategic parts of the FCT.

Many parts of Abuja, including Bwari Road, Kubwa, Abuja-Keffi Road, Abuja-Nyanya Road and Zuba-Abuja Expressway are now hosting roadblocks manned by armed soldiers.

It was learnt that the soldiers would complement the ‘Special Stop and Search’ operation launched by the police to keep the highway safe, “sequel to intelligence report.”

The Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase, had last week directed the commencement of the special ‘stop and search’ on roads and highways nationwide, with emphasis on roads in and out of major cities and towns.

The operation, Arase said,’’ is a special security measure and it is in no way a return of roadblocks.’’

He advised that any unprofessional conduct should be reported at www.stopthe bribes.net <http://bribes.net> or nearest police station.

“Citizens are enjoined to bear with the Nigeria Police Force during this security operation which is a temporary measure put in place to address the intelligence received and the general public is advised to cooperate with Police operatives by providing answers to questions that may be asked as well as allowing their vehicles to be searched,” the IG said in a statement.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here