The massive generator house at the Christ Embassy Church led by controversial Pastor Chris Oyakilome caught fore today after an explosion. Four of the church’s electric generators were burnt in the process according to a source in the church.
Firefighters of the Lagos Fire Service that first arrived the scene had a water pump malfunction, therefore, compounding the fire situation. The generator room which houses five generators was reduced to rubbles as the heavy duty generator exploded in thick plumes one after the other before the fire could be brought under control.
The main auditorium of the main church remains intact, but church officials claimed they are yet to assess the full damage done to church properties because the inferno lasted until it was dark