Top U.S. general says no sign soldiers in Niger took too many risks

0
429

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The top U.S. general said on Monday he had no information that Army special operation forces involved in a deadly attack in Niger earlier this month had taken too many risks.

“I don’t have any indication right now to believe or to know that they did anything other than operate within the orders they were given,” General Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a news conference.

Dunford said that findings of a Pentagon investigation into the deaths of four U.S. soldiers in an ambush in the West African nation would be shared with their families first.

Reporting by Idrees Ali and David Alexander; Writing by Eric Walsh; Editing by Tim Ahmann

SHARE
Previous articleGhana to open bids for energy bonds worth 6 bln cedis ($1.36 bln)
Next articleOil steady, supported by Iraq disruptions and drop in U.S. rigs
Godwin Okafor is a financial journalist, Internet Social Entrepreneur and the Founder Naija247news Media Ltd He has over 16 experiences in journalism, which cuts across traditional and digital media. He started his journalism career in Business Day, Where he was a senior editorial graphic artist, before he left to start Naija247news, An Online Financial Newspaper in 2010. He has won series of awards and he is the chairman of Emmerich Resources Limited, the publisher of Naija247news.com and also sits on the board of Students In Business Awards, (SIBA).

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.