The Information Minister, Mr. Lai Mohammed has said that no swap involved in the negotiation fir the release of 21 Chibok girls.
The Minister who made the disclosure this afternoon at a Press Conference in Abuja also said that government has assembled doctors, nurses and paramedics to be with the girls for rehabilitation.
“Medicals are being arranged for them,” he said.
Naija247news.com earlier reported Boko Haram insurgents, Thursday morning, handed 21 out of the 276 missing Chibok schoolgirls to the Nigerian government, a source with direct knowledge of the release told Naija247news.com
The girls, whose names are not readily available, remain in Maiduguri, the source added.
According to the Presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, said the girls were in the custody of the State Security Service, SSS.
“It is confirmed that 21 of the missing Chibok Girls have been released and are in the custody of the Department of State Services, DSS,” he tweeted Thursday.
The extremist militant group kidnapped nearly 300 female students from a secondary school in Chibok on April 14, 2014, provoking international outrage.
More than 50 managed to escape on the day they were captured.
Since then, there has only been one confirmed release since then. In May, 19-year-old Amina Nkeki was found carrying by the Civilian JTF.