10% World's Gas flare is from Nigeria – Kachikwu


Even with 70 per cent reduction of gas flaring in Nigeria over the years, the remaining 30 per cent is still huge, about 10 per cent of the world’s flare, it has been revealed.

Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu said at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday that Nigeria is next to Russia in terms of the highest flaring nation.

He said the FEC had approved that the country should host the international flare reduction convergence meeting between November 30th and December 1st.

According to him, Nigeria is doing a lot in terms of gas policies which will embody the flare initiatives, noting that it had signed onto the 2030  world Bank/UN led efforts made in eliminating flare completely by 2030.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here